Saturday, March 13, 2010

weekend worry workout worthless

One of my biggest worries before I started PCP was what to do on the weekends when I am 100% on dad duty. Weekdays I wake up at 6am, prep for the day, help feed the kids, dress and prep the big one, and take her to school on my way to work. By the time I get back at night, everyone is well asleep, so I quietly change and get my stuff, head to The Yard, do my thing, and try to get in bed by 11pm.
On the weekends though I am up and with the kids all day, and wondered when I could sneak away and do my thing.
But that is the wrong way to think about it. My family is a big reason why I am trying to get peaky; I want to be in prime shape to take car of them as long as I can.
So this morning my daughter woke me up a bit after 7, we made breakfast, and then by 8am she said it was time to "put on the small pants." So I put on my shorts and stripped off her pajamas and pulled on a pair of undies.
Soon I was smacking out 700 jumps on the living room carpet, my daughter cheering me on and my son looking on confusedly from his high chair. Went through the rest of the reps and by the time I got to the legs lifts, my son was crawling over me, banging on my abs, and my daughter was holding my feet, giving me all kinds of extra resistance and cheering me on in their own special way.

2 comments:

  1. Kids love the PCP! They just seem to really jack into the energy their parent is bringing to it. Careful though, once they cotton on to the idea you'll never get away with an indulgent food or skipped workout again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried about the weekend workouts also but so far so good.
    Gotta love those kids!

    ReplyDelete