Wednesday, March 24, 2010

late dinner

Can o tuna, salad spinach, baby carrots.

I had lunch so late I ate my afternoon hard-boiled egg white, then did my exercises, wondering why I was so hungry. Uh, forgot to eat dinner, maybe?

Let's talk about planks. One 30 second plank is pretty uncomfortable. The second is downright annoying. And the third just hurts alot. As I lay on the floor after the last plank, twitching uncontrollably but otherwise motionless, the cutie on the stairmaster next to me gave me that pitiful "do I tell the staff and get this guy some medical attention?" look.
It was endearing.

Speaking of hard-boiled eggs, I have discovered that those on sale at the 7-11 down the street are absolutely DELICIOUS. Boiled to perfection consistently, with a near translucent yolk that reluctantly falls from the white, clinging tenatiously as best it can with feeble pudding-like tendrils before plummeting to its doom. So no more boiling at home; I am hooked. Plus I love the sheer command of will I muster every time I walk through a convenience store. They are just so damn convenient; every imaginable snack on hand tempting me with curious packaging and cheap prices.

But it all comes down to choice: I can have this. Or THIS.

3 comments:

  1. WOW - I wish I could go to that 7 11

    Thanks for the warning about the planks, I get them this afternoon.

    I am buying fish at the WED afternoon fish marker for the first time this afternoon - excited

    Don't miss meals - BAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Great post. I'm doing planks in about 40 minutes. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only you could buy THIS at the 7-eleven!

    ReplyDelete