Monday, March 22, 2010

end of week 3

The photo is up from Day 22. First three weeks down, and now I think PCP starts getting serious. Serious cut in caloric intake, serious increase in exercise, serious change it seriousness.
Whenever I feel the slightest of angst or hunger pangs...I do abs. Situps, crunches, leg-lifts, whatever. This is not the time to get soft (I won't bother asking for a pardon for that pun.)
A PCP sempai now well past the two month mark told me today that these next few weeks are the killer: less food, more work. This is where the results start to show and the changes really stick.
I say: Bring it! Will power is at an all-time high; I can really see myself at the end of this, healthy and happy and loving it. I will not slack. I will not screw this up. I will power through my pull-ups by the sheer might of my stubborn will and will come crawling back for more.

I was actually trying to list up all the foods I miss eating, all the mad cravings I have, all the stuff I want to inhale once this is all over...and I can't, really.
Pizza? Since I don't do dairy, not really a big deal. I mean, sure occasionally a cheese-less thin-crust is nice, but must have? Nope.
Tonkatsu? Nothing finer than some deep fried pork, but really how much did I eat it before anyway? Couple times a year?
Ramen? Would love to have a bowl...once a quarter or so.
Chocolate? Well it would be good to get back into my childhood Swedish tradition of lordags goodis, aka Saturday Candy, but more than a little chocolate gives me a sugar and caffeine headache, so no thanks.
Fast food? Never really ate it.
Yakiniku? Ah, a large pile of grilled meat will do me fine...guess that goes on the list. But still, once every few months is enough eh?
Sushi? Actually can eat that now -- totally PCP-friendly, especially if I cut the rice entirely and just go sashimi.
Alcohol? I don't drink to begin with, so a non-starter.
Seriously, the one thing I absolutely want to gorge myself on: my wife's stupendous flavored tofu. She takes chunks of fried tofu and simmers them in a simple sauce of mirin, soy, and sake until they are saturated. Just so stupendously good, but it's basically chunks of soy, which isn't doing much for me on PCP, so I give myself one or two bites as part of my veggie portion and wait patiently for my stomach to be a washboard of fatless sinew before I dare inhale those holy cubes of goodness.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to do abs when the hunger pangs start~ I have a feeling they will be much more frequent now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it! You're looking good. These are crucial times for us Peakers. Will the transformation!

    As far as cravings. The only thing I've thought about is a sip of beer. Nothing else has entered my mind. I spotted some pizza last week in the lobby and my initial thought was one of repulsion.

    I must say, your wife’s fried tofu sounds really really good. Mail some to Jersey for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what about Mama's Italian Meatballs?

    ReplyDelete