Saturday, March 27, 2010

prison rations dinner

Vegetable blend grilled until the consistency of dirt, canned tuna in water, egg white.

What exactly is this unappetizing looking vegetable dirt? Into my cuisinart I put: two onions, two carrots, some burdock root, some leafy greens (arugula maybe? not sure), and several cloves of garlic, and blended it all up until it was real pasty.
Then I dumped it into my non-stick frying pan and cooked over low heat, stirring randomly, for about 1.5 hours. At some point I added black vinegar and some cooking sake. Eventually the onions caramelized and everything got nice and browned. What started as a full pan ended up as only several hundred grams of delicious vegetable dirt blend!
Though I suspect I have probably banished all the actual nutritional content from the veggies...well I never claimed to be a good cook, but at least I eat what I make!

1 comment: