Sunday, March 21, 2010

steamed chicken and veggie dinner

Wife cooked: steamed chicken, mushrooms, cabbage, eggplant, bell-peppers.
Had a great day out in the beautiful sun and strong wind. Went to the park but it was water-logged so met up with daughter's boyfriend and headed to the local indoor kid's play area. Had lunch there, with my watching both son and daughter (wife off getting a massage!)
Eventually made it to the international grocery store and loaded up on fruits and veggies (Patrick, hint hint: we can cut down on carbs, but I want to eat more fruit!) before taking my daughter with me to get my head shaved at the barber shop.
NOTHING beats a straight razor on everything from the neck up, including forehead and ears!
Today's multiple wins include:
  • Not eating ice cream at the Baskin Robbins
  • Having no chocolate scone, just an iced tea, at Starbucks
  • Eating my bento lunch whilst daughter stuffed herself on onigiri and chocolate bread
  • Shopping at the supermarket and buying all the choice distressed veggies, fresh turkey slices, and skipping all the junk in the middle

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day

    Check out my graph - thanks for leading the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those little victories! Great day for you!

    ReplyDelete