Monday, March 15, 2010

must. jump. rope.

So I am sitting at my desk, contemplating my newly smallerized portions, thinking I am not really hungry...but I AM bored.
So despite what I said last week, I grab my kit and head to the gym. I wrap a bandage around my arm to cover the ink that isn't hidden by my t-shirt, grab my New Hotness, and ask if the aerobics room is free. It is.
I start jumping.
In sets of 100.
about 10 times.
Hmm...interesting.
Still not quite satisfied, and basically thinking "OMGWTF" but just going with it, I do some squats. And some push-ups. Then so standing ovations, and thumbs up curls, and DaVincis, and finish with some gut-busting ab work, and then give myself a nice deep stretch and cool down.
Feeling better, I shower and head back to work.
Two boxes on my desk, full of chocolates. I ordered a bunch of chocolates to give to the ladies at work (White Day, one of the stranger traditions in Japan) so I spent the next 40 minutes wandering all over the building giving out chocolate, and politely refusing when I am offered a piece. It DOES look good...but not as good as I am gonna look in 10 weeks!
Finally I break out my lunch, and I come to a simple yet profound realization: no matter how hungry I am, eating ENOUGH will satiate me. There is no relationship between how hungry I am and how much I need to eat to be satisfied. Even if I don't eat all day, my PCP lunch is plenty.
The rest of the hungry I feel is just my brain remembering when I would stuff myself until bursting. Which now that I think about it actually did not feel very good. So I just stop eating when I am done, and I remember that bloating lethargic feeling I used to get.
Also (to take the conversation down a notch) I remember all the stomach problems I used to have, and I think back to the past week's expurgation and realize that eating actual food, and nothing but food, is just fine thanks, and my stomach, intestines, and bowels certainly appreciate it.
I will still do my PCP workout tonight when I go see Patrick at YG, I just couldn't wait that long; felt like a sloth just sitting at my desk all day waiting for the next meal.
And finally, it looks like everyone is getting really bad hayfever this week, now that the weather is warming up and it is properly becoming spring. People who have never had it before are sniffling and sneezing.
Except me.
PCP cured my goddamn hay fever.
It. Only. Gets. Better.

2 comments:

  1. Well if you're so keen we'll give you some new stuff to do tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not THAT keen! Just that I don't go to the dojo on Monday so I am bored during the day.

    ReplyDelete