Thursday, March 25, 2010

indulgence?

Patrick has just informed us that we get our first "indulgence" -- a few hundred calories of comfort food, both the celebrate 25 days of successful PCPing, and to demonstrate what some of that non-PCP stuff actually DOES to our body.
I am wracking my brain trying to come up with something that I really, really crave...and I can't think of anything.
So on a whim I checked out the calorie and contents of Japanese Starbucks drinks, figuring I'd treat myself to the traditional Tazo Chai Tea Latte (soymilk) I used to get religiously every afternoon. Seems a hot Venti with soy is a whopping...222 calories.
Compared to the 653 in a Venti Macha Cream Frapp, it's a bargain.
Actually given a plan of about 1500 calories a day, 222 is quite a bit, and falls nicely within the guidelines of an indulgence, so that might be it...
Am also thinking I should save the indulgence for the weekend, in case I am out with friends/family and need to splurge...not a bad option to have.
We shall see how it goes

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm... indulgence. I'm dreaming of chocolate cake. Or undercooked chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...I didn't even think of that! Maybe a chocolate scone...but my wife's tofu is SO tasty...decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly, after only 25 days, your body is improving but your mind is fogging! Proper indulgences are not found at Starbucks! At the very least, Chocolate Olivers.

    ReplyDelete