Wednesday, March 17, 2010

the gym, revisited

OK I take back all the bad things I said about the gym.
At 9pm it is awesome: studio is free so I can do my jumps and squats and lunges. Weight-lifting area is practically empty so I can (fail to) do my pull ups and resistance-band sets. Stretching area is open so I can do my pushups and sit-ups and then have a nice stretch before taking a shower and heading back to the office to collect my stuff and come home.
Cannot believe that it's only been a few weeks; the PCP is no longer Special and is now officially Routine: come home, prep some veggies and food, wash some dishes, pack tomorrow's lunch and dinner and snacks. Update blog. Sit zazen. Sleep.
Given that things are going so well, I thought I would list up some things that are annoying. Sadly, I cannot include jumping rope on this list, since I now count my jumps in sets an order of magnitude more than I did only a week ago. Today I knocked about my 850 jumps in sets of 200-300. Progress is freaky!
So, my list of Annoying PCP Things:
  1. Pull-ups
  2. Peeling hard-boiled eggs
  3. Being asked "How much weight do you want to lose?" (Answer: none. I want to turn all my fat into muscle!)
  4. Need to punch another hole in belt / acquire new belt
  5. Lots more stinky laundry to do every day
  6. Pull-ups
  7. Working my abs until utter muscle failure and still not anywhere near the steel stomach awesomeness of my friend Hawaii
  8. Pull-ups

2 comments:

  1. Ren - we love pullups. They are the ultimate strength to weight assesement

    Think love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frakkin LOVE those muthafrakkin pull-ups!

    ReplyDelete