Saturday, March 13, 2010

another success...ish

Worked until 9pm, which was NOT the plan for a Friday night. Should have been in the dojo ENDING class by then. Ended up not eating my PCPrison rations for dinner but met up with some work folks. Had a lovely spinach salad (pass on the deep-fried calamary) and a tempura shrimp minus the tempura, and some grated daikon.
Did not eat: the sweet and greasy egg, grilled chicken bits smothered in sauce, deep-fried ball of stuff and things, and other assorted bits and bobs.
Did engage in lovely banter and drank two iced teas.
Walked home, smacked out 700 jumps in The Yard, and did my squats around midnight watching the news on TV.
Inclined pull-ups under the kitchen table didn't seem to work my shoulders as much as regular pull-ups. Obvious. Pull-up bars on order and speeding their way to me from the elves at Amazon now, or so my email assures me.
Full 4 sets of 12 pushups was a challenge. Thems is startin' to hurt, pa. Must mean it's workin'! Also, as I am wont to say: pain only hurts. Best thing about doing 48 pushups? Finishing.
I need upper body work anyway, to balance out the tree trunks I call my legs.
Also them Davincis suck with a stretchy band as short and hard as mine. Can barely get my hands shoulder height, so hope my new longer band arrives soon.
In all, I again find it trivially simple to NOT partake of all the delicious food spread out before me. Have I always had this will power? Or is it merely fear of shame from exposing my weakness on this blog, read by TENS of people across teh internets? Then again no one is MAKING me write this blog, no one is making me eat (or not eat as the case may be) this food, no one is making me do these exercises.
I am thinking, as I am close to winding up week two: PCP doesn't work. I do.

2 comments:

  1. "PCP doesn't work. I do."

    More please!

    My Davinci's aren’t going well either. I'm buying a longer band also this weekend with a lower resistance level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the blog definitely makes me think twice about how I eat and my workouts! I don't want to disappoint my TENs of readers either!

    ReplyDelete