Friday, May 14, 2010

what happened? are you ok?

I have now had multiple people ask me what happened and if I have some horrible disease causing me to waste away. They seem relieved when I tell them I am purposefully eating well and exercising daily, and that, in fact, I feel great; energized and alive and HEALTHY, and no I do not have a sudden onset of bone cancer or something equally horrible.

Why is it that so many people think losing 10 kilos in 10 weeks must be caused by some debilitating disease? Is getting into a more healthy frame of mind and body really so rare in society these days that it is not anywhere near the first cause people come up with when presented with steady and consistent weight loss? Strange and sad reflection on these modern times, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Just show them your abs and they'll see you are okay!

    ReplyDelete