Thursday, May 20, 2010

forewarned

Raining all day today. Alarm went off three times before I finally noticed and woke up. So I was up 15 minutes late; not a good start.
Headed down to the underground garage to get my jumps on. Took a while to get into a rhythm, but I started counting sets of 500 and was done before I knew it.
Came back upstairs, knocked out 8MA+, doing the side crunches really slooooooowly and fully feeling it.
Then the workout: legs, shoulders, abs.
Patrick warned us that the last ten days are brutal. He wasn't kidding. I absolutely have not worked out this hard yet on PCP. Finishing every rep of every set is an absolute struggle of mind and muscle: it hurts. All the sets have a range of number of reps. Up until now I have been maxing out every set, sometimes going over.
Not today -- last few sets I had to go down in reps, until on a few exercises I was barely quivering and struggling through the last set, minimum reps.
Ah, the joyous burn of muscle failure. It is good though, because these last few weeks I have been bobbling around 36% muscle mass and if I can just push it a bit more I can build a tad more muscle and really lock in some great results.
So: I have been forewarned. To the burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment