Tuesday, May 18, 2010

RESULTS!

As Patrick is in the USA this week, he kindly arranged for the legendary Kazu to run me through the workout, take my photos, and record my stats. It has been two years since he finished his own PCP, and if I can look half as good at his age I will be a star.
He counted off all the reps and sets and paced me the whole workout, from the never-ending chest dips, through the inclined push-ups, ovations, and hundreds of curls before humbling me on the final 450 seconds of utterly brutal planks.
So the result: I have dropped a kilo in weight, and half a percent of visceral gut fat! Muscle mass went down slightly bit that is close enough to be a rounding error on the scale - basically stabilizing at around 36% which is a fine place to be. Body fat is consistently low teens, too.
Honestly on the one hand I am damn impressed with myself, but on the other hand I am not so impressed because I have been busting ass for nearly three months and if there is one thing I have learned it is: hard work on PCP gets results. It does not get much simpler.
I just have to keep pounding away for 11 more days to really lock in the results and then it gets REALLY interesting! Post-pcp I am looking forward to eating...pork. Sasauge, bacon, yakiniku, whatever. Healthy proteins like chicken and seafood are lovely, but sometimes a man needs his swine!

2 comments: