Wednesday, May 26, 2010

PAIN

Good timing that Patrick's message today was about thinking about pain when working out.
I had plenty of that this morning!
Woke up at 5am like always, sat some zazen in the spare room, in front of the balcony window, as the morning ski turned lighter shades of gray, then discovered that wife was feeding/sleeping with son on the couch in the living room. So instead of doing the jumps, 8MA+, and workout in the living room, I gathered my stuff and headed down to the garage, aka The Prison Yard.
Did the jumps OK, then started Day #2 of Supersets.
Three comments:
  1. Creeps AND Floor Jumps?! Satan.
  2. Forward Shoulder Lifts and DaVincis as a superset: not. even. funny.
  3. See the safety tip below: when doing shoulder flies, be sure the velcro strap is SECURELY fastened to the drain pipe, or else serious redness and welting will result.
I headed back upstairs to finish the flies in the spare room, and by then everyone was up so I started in on the abs. V-Sits to failure is really hard the first two sets, and really, really easy the last three.
Side crunches to failure was not happening, so I just did 100 on each side until I was on fire, and THEN did 8MA+. By then 7th minute I was utterly whimpering, so mission accomplished methinks.

And now my thighs and shoulders are just kind of smoldering all day, so I am walking slow and not making any big, sudden arm movements. Sore is good!

1 comment:

  1. It was a tough day. The davinchi forward shoulder is a killer.

    I held a medicine ball to accelerate failure on the side exercises. worth a shot.

    tough luck on the band whip.

    Go Team Go!

    ReplyDelete