Tuesday, May 11, 2010

i am humbled

Here I am thinking I am the man, what with having completed more than 75% of my PCP and having dropped my body fat % nearly in half, and so I am telling Jason and Todd The Way Things Are.
Seems they are in fact schooling me!
I recommended to Jason the whole wheat tortillas at National Azabu supermarket, but Todd pointed out their potentially high salt content, so Jason has contacted the maker's customer service center to find out the exact salt content.
DAMN guys, I mean, I make the effort to only buy canned tuna-fish packed in water with no salt added...but figuring out the salt content in BREAD?
You guys are hardcore. Mad respect; I have much to learn!

4 comments:

  1. The teacher becomes the student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your point. Bread has one of the highest unsuspected salt contents of processed foods. It's scary in terms of heart disease b/c even people who think they are eating healthfully are consuming salt they didn't count on. Mind you, I'm eating a bakery roll as I type this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a few no-sodium bread choices here in the U.S., so... Nihon ni mo aru deshou, ne? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, no. Bread in Japan is basically big, white fluffy and delicious. Or laded with butter, etc in some amazingly French way.
    Low or no-salt, dark brown whole wheat and generally PCP-friendly bread is none too common I am afraid...

    ReplyDelete