Thursday, April 15, 2010

negative -> positive

Son still has a fever and wakes up crying every hour. Wife is miserable because she has not properly slept in days. Daughter feels neglected because mom is always with baby brother, motivating big sis to be a whining baby too in order to get attention.Work is relentless, too.
Got all of four hours sleep and half of that waking up every hour to crying.
Alarm rang at 5:30am. Hesitated for 15 seconds, then got up. Wife and son asleep on the couch did my jumps in the other room. Completely incompetent, could not string together 10 in a row. Tired, toes hurt, knees popping, wrists stiff, groggy.
3 Blocks of 50 groups of ten.
First 500 took forever.
Count down on the last 1000, half-way at 750, find a groove and string 100 together. And again. Again. Again.
Rain outside, dark turns to gray from an unseen sun.
1500 done. Do it: finish the whole damn thing.
Start 8MA, crunches.
Son is awake and crying in the other room.push-throughs.
Daughter wakes up, lonely in the bedroom, comes whining for attention. Side sits.
Son crawls in.
Pistol-squats. Wife comes in. Daughter sleepy-eyed in the corner, stops crying.
Son stands up holding onto the chair, lifts one leg, bounces, smiles. Wife chuckles. PISTOL-SQUATS!
Squats, wife goes to kitchen, daughter shows me new toy I have to assemble after breakfast.
Push-ups. Son crawls underneath me every time I rise. Daughter holds push-up bar in place for me.
Standing ovations. DaVincis. Wife brewing coffee.
V-sits. Son crawls over my legs every time they go down, under my head every time it goes up. Side crunches. Daughter and son watching early-morning TV, giggling on the couch.
Workout for today done.
Shower, breakfast, dress, out the door. Wife takes son to doctor, I take daughter to school.
Massively insulting flame email upsets me. Boss says he will take care of it, and he means it.
Afternoon: fighting dojo.
Evening: sword dojo.
GO.TEAM.GO.

4 comments:

  1. Turn flame mail energy into workout energy, see muscles grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make you strong! Go Team Go! I feel you brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is rains it pours.

    I hear you on married with kids. Someone said parenting is like being pecked to death by a duck. I have felt that.

    You did a great job sticking with the plan. What an inspiration. I have had plenty of days that there was just more to do than I could do.

    what I have found and heard from our group is that I get more done and do a better job when I work out and eat right. It seems counter intuitive sometimes, but it is true.

    The good news is that you and your wife will sleep again, your son will get better and the peaceful harmonious vibe will return.

    Keep moving forward.

    Go Team go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I admire your ability to get those workouts done!!

    ReplyDelete